SMRpodcast episode #214 is online and ready for download. Even though Rod is with Chris and Robb, this episode is a lot like Chicken Wings and Beer, particularly because we start the show off talking about chicken wings.
Amazon is about to unveil the long rumored Amazon phone and we've learned that it will initially be sold exclusively on AT&T. The entire crew believes that the exclusive launch will ultimately hinder sales. Time will most certainly tell.
China reveals Microsoft's secret Android Patents. This is probably not too big a deal in the short run, however, OEM's will undoubtedly try to steer clear of infringing patents where possible and renegotiate licensing deals with MS next time around.
The Amazon App Store is coming to BlackBerry, Rod plants the seed in Chris's mind to buy an electric lawnmower, and Google strong arms independent music labels on YouTube. We've got all this, our picks, and more, in episode #214 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: June 17th, 2014
- Published: June 18th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 44min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Brent Harman @jbharman
Big stories we covered this week
- AT&T will be the exclusive carrier for the new Amazon phone
- China revels Microsoft's patents that are used against Android and we weigh in
Other stories we covered this week
- We recap a couple of bad days for the some of the crew
- What's worse drowning your phone or just breaking it
- Should GPS apps be regulated
Picks of the Week