SMRpodcast Episode #210 is online and ready for download. We've got a full crew this week and it was our first live stream on Alpha Geek Radio.
We kick things off this week with a bit of Microsoft news and their launch of the new Surface Pro 3 tablet/ultrabook. Opinions on this devices range from it being exactly what Microsoft needed to do to Microsoft continuing to display it's complete and utter lack of understanding of what the market wants when it comes to tablets and ultrabooks.
AT&T announces plans to buy AT&T for $48.5 billion. The entire crew is a bit against the merger as these mergers in general are great for the companies merging, but leave consumers with less choice, less innovation, and higher prices.
The E. U. ruling against Google opens the floodgates for requests for information that is true and accurate to be removed from search engine indexes even though the actual websites being indexed remain online.
GoPro Files for a $100 million IPO, YouTube may buy Twitch for $1 billion, and Gmail for Android now saves attachments directly to Google Drive. We've got all this, our picks, and more in Episode #210 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: May 13th, 2014
- Published: May 14th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 31min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Brent Harman @jbharman
Big stories we covered this week
- The Surface Pro 3 was announced by Microsoft and we argue its merits
- Our quick thoughts on AT&T purchasing DirecTV
- Google allows Gmail users to save attachments to Google Drive directly
Other stories we covered this week
- The EU's decision could impact the flow of internet information
- Google could be buying Twitch we way in
- Google's Project Ara is moving forward we recap what it is and what it could mean
Picks of the Week