SMRpodcast Episode #210 is online and ready for download.
This week finds the show at half-staff however, still full of entertainment and tech talk with Brent and Chris. We start the show recapping all the fallout from the many Surface conversations we were engaged in after last weekâ€™s announcements. We also had to mention a very interesting tidbit that Paul Thurrott picked up on where it would appear Microsoft is attempting to make a new market.
Unfortunately there were some unfortunate news events this week with two companies and hacking issues. We discuss the story of a few iPhone users that are having their phones hijacked and are now being forced to pay to unlock them. Also on the topic, Spotify had a weird hacking issue which is requiring Android users to reset their passwords.
Finally, we had to discuss Appleâ€™s possible entry into the home automation field which surprisingly has Chris excited. And a little different twist on todayâ€™s show has us talking about a pretty cool story where a paralyzed teen will be kicking the first ball to pen the World Cup. This is made possible via an exoskeleton connected to the brain.
All this and more on this weekâ€™s episode of the SMRpodcast
- Recorded: May 27th, 2014
- Published: May 28th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 14min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Brent Harman @jbharman
Big stories we covered this week
- Fallout from all the Surface 3 discussions
- Spotify was hacked but in a weird way
- Apple users getting extorted to unlock their phones after being hacked
- Apples Possible entry into Home Automation
Other stories we covered this week
- Toshiba has announced three very low priced devices
- Microsoft lets PlayStation beat them to the punch on per-downloads of games
- Paralyzed teen set to do first kick in World Cup via an exoskeleton
Picks of the Week