SMRpodcast #209 has been recorded, is online, and ready for download. Rod is on the road this week, but, Chris and Robb are joined by Brent Harmon.
The big news of the week was the Oracle vs. Google copyright infringement ruling that came down and said that API's are copyrightable. Both Robb and Brent both vehemently disagree with the decision and expect that it will be overturned once escalated to the Supreme Court.
Microsoft has announced that it will start shipping an $399 variant of the Xbox One that comes without the Kinect. Chris feels this was a move Microsoft had to make because the $500 entry point on the Xbox One with Kinect consistently pushes next generation console buyers to the PlayStation 4.
Google and Motorola may be trying to kill off the feature phone with a new line of Moto devices called the Moto E. The devices could be priced under $100 unsubsidized. The Moto E will sport a “dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, dual-SIM slots, 4.3″ display (probably not HD), 5MP rear-facing camera, 4GB of on-onboard storage (expandable with microSD slot), WiFi/3G/Bluetooth, and runs Android 4.4 “Kit Kat.”
Chris is thinking about cutting the cord, The Galaxy Note 3 finally got upgraded to Android KitKat, and rumors that Apple is buying Beats for $3.2 billion are running rampant. We've got all this, our picks, and more in episode #209 of the SMRpodcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:31:00 — 41.7MB) | Embed
- Recorded: May 13th, 2014
- Published: May 14th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 31min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
Big stories we covered this week
- Rod is out this week but Chris and Brent are back
- Apple is reportedly buying Beats and we way in
- Microsoft to Drop the Kinect for a version of the Xbox One and Lower the price
- Oracle wins patent suite against Google and we can not beleive it went through.
Other stories we covered this week
- Motorola is releasing a new low cost Android Phone
- Microsoft to release SAAS version of Windows
- Blacklist finale was awesome other shows are getting canceled
Picks of the Week