Episode #202 of the SMRpodcast has been recorded, is online, and ready for download, and, this week we've got a full crew and are joined by special guest host Mary Jo Foley from All About Microsoft on ZDnet, and Windows Weekly over on the TwiT network.
This week we talk a lot of enterprise Microsoft and discuss the move to the cloud that big company in Redmond seems to be making. MS has been pushing SaaS like Office 365 for some time but they are starting to talk about features of their back office servers like SharePoint that will only get the coolest new features in their cloud based solution.
It looks like Microsoft Office is finally coming to the iPad, however, its looking like users will need to have an Office 365 account, as, Microsoft simply isn't willing to give Apple 30% of sales of the solution in the App Store.
HTC has announced the the second generation HTC One (M8), and, less the gimmicky third camera, sounds like it will an awesome Android device. The big question is will it be able to compete in a market dominated by Samsung and it's Galaxy S5?
Microsoft removes Windows branding from its Azure cloud hosting solution, the Nokia X is in high demand, but, probably not as high as is being reported by Chinese carriers, and we talk a lot about beer… A whole lot about beer… We've got all this plus our picks in this episode of the SMRpodcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (39.3MB) | Embed
- Recorded: March 25th, 2014
- Published: March 26th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 25min 47sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
Big stories we covered this week
- We welcome back Mary Jo Foley to the show and get her take on the state of Microsoft
- We weigh in on Microsoft searching users emails
- Mary Jo gives her opinion on the Chromebook
Other stories we covered this week
- What announcements we can expect to hear out of Microsoft at build
- Our opinions on the new HTC One
- Mary Jo offers some beer suggestions for Chris
Picks of the Week