Episode #201 of the SMRpodcast has been recorded, is online, and ready for download. Its a full crew this week and we cover lot in this episode.
We start the show off with a little TitanFall talk. Robb, Chris, and Terrance (BrothaTech) played in some epic battles over the weekend and had an absolute blast.
Windows XP has an end of life date of April 8th The entire crew questions why some in the tech press have such a problem with Microsoft telling consumers that XP is well over a decade old and it is time to move on.
Google's Sundar Pachai announces Android Wear and a line of Google Smart Watches that will be coming out soon. Although the Google Watches look infinitely better then the original Galaxy Gear, Watch Snob Robb, is still not buying it.
Amazon raises the price of Amazon Prime to $99… The entire crew believes that $99 isn't going to cause mass defections from Prime, but, agree that the next hike will have cost conscious shoppers truly looking at the number of items they buy of Amazon and if the saving are truly worth it.
Tesla gets banned from direct sales in New Jersey, Google Drive gets a big price drop, and Amazon is coming out with a set top box / gaming controller. We've got all this, our picks and more in episode #201 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: March 18th, 2014
- Published: March 19th, 2014
- Duration: 02hr 07min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
Big stories we covered this week
- Chris and Robb recap their Titanfall gaming with Brotha Tech
- Google announces a new smartwatch platform
- Firefox pulls modern Windows 8 version
Other stories we covered this week
- We discuss if Apple will see significant market share growth with bigger phones
- Google drops the price of Google Drive
- Chris tells the formula for a good movie
Picks of the Week