Episode #227 of the SMRpodcast has been recorded, is online, and is ready for download. This week we start of a discussion of how Rod doesn't hate his brand new iPhone 6 Plus. This isn't a complement, however, because he dislikes the device significantly so.
We also talk a bit about “Bendgate” and ponder if the ease of which the iPhone 6 Plus can be bent is a thing or not a thing. The entire crew kind of feels that the media hype may be a bit over blown, but, think the 6 Plus probably should be a bit more durable.
Microsoft confirms that the official name of its next operating system will be Windows 10. Windows 10 will be the one operating system for MS going forward is it will run on Windows Phone, Tablets, and PCs. Windows 10 will also sport a single App Store across all platforms.
Apple bans publication for doing its own “BendGate” tests, Microsoft is opening a store in Saks Fifth Avenue, Ebay is spinning off PayPal, and, Netflix will release the sequel to Crouching Tiger Hidden Tiger simultaneously to is theater debut. We've got all this, our picks, and more in episode #227 of the SMRpodcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:53:00 — 51.9MB) | Embed
- Recorded: September 23rd, 2014
- Published: September 24th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 53min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
Big stories we covered this week
- Rod updates his experience us with the new iPhone 6
- Can you trust Apple product reviewers
- Microsoft announces Windows 10
Other stories we covered this week
- HP announces a $100 tablet $200 laptop
- Ebay is spinning off PayPal into a separate company
- FCC votes to eliminate sports blackout rules
Picks of the Week