SMRpodcast #219 is online and ready for download, and, for the second week in a row, Chris and Robb hit you with a Chicken Wings and Beer episode, part 23.
We start the show off with talks of Chris's new stainless steel grill and the outdoor home projects he's taken on this summer. As for tech tech news, there wasn't a lot of big news, but, there was a lot of news.
We talked a bit about the new MacBook Pro and how Robb's daughter is debating between the Pro and the Air before she heads off to College.
Hilton is rolling out Check-In by phone in multiple properties throughout the world and eventually will offer the ability to use your phone as your room key… This is an awfully nice feature, particularly for Road Warriors.
We haven't heard any Amazon Fire Phone numbers, but,reviews and anecdotal stories from a few AT&T stores lead us to believe that it is doing precisely the opposite of what the iPhone does when new versions launch.
Microsoft has a new Windows Phone coming out with those who like to take selfies in mind. The new phone aimed at the mid to lower end market will sport a 5 megapixel front facing Camera.
Facebook is stripping Messenger out of the Facebook App, EA creates a new subscription service on top of Xbox Live, and Motorola is making a 5.9 inch Nexus Phablet. We've got all this, our picks, and a heck of a lot more in episode #219 of the SMRpodcast
- Recorded: July 29th, 2014
- Published: July 30th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 45min 34sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Brent Harman @jbharman
Big stories we covered this week
- MacBook Pros getting updated with Retina and more RAM
- Electronic Arts new gaming subscription service announced
- Chris was on the Destiny beta and gives his thoughts
Other stories we covered this week
- Verizon getting an HTC One M8 Windows Phone
- Facebook moving messaging out into a separate app.
- Hilton and Mandarin Oriental incorporating technology into customer stays.
Picks of the Week