SMRpodcast #173 has been recorded, is online, and, ready for download.
This week we have a full crew and are joined by Terrance Gaines, a.k.a, BrothaTech.
The biggest tech news over the last week came out of Google with its announcement of the new $35 Chrome Cast, Google's Roku/Apple TV-like media streaming HDMI stick which allows you to transfer a Chrome tab from your PC, tablet, or Smartphone to your television.
Both Robb and Terrance have ordered theirs…
The International Trade Commissionâ€™s impending import ban on the iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 starts on Aug. 4th unless the U.S. Trade Representative intercedes.Â The entire crew thinks that something will happen before the ban goes into action.
Nokia is not too happy with Microsoft's support, or lack there of, of applications on the Windows Phone. Nokia VP Bryan Biniak says that even though the company is frequently releasing new phones, every app that somebody wants that is not there, is a missed opportunity for a sale.
Chris got a new Lumia 1020 and thinks it is the best camera a smartphone has ever seen, Time Warner called CBS's bluff and blacked out the network for several hours, and Facebook creeps up to within a nickel of it's IPO price.
We've got all this, our picks, and more in episode #173 of the SMRPodcast.
buy modafinil canada Show Details
- http://gregorydowling.com/essay-on-john-whitworth/dowling-johnwhitworth/ Recorded: July 30th, 2013
- Published: July 31st, 2013
- Duration: 01hr 44min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Terrence Gains @BrothaTech
Big stories we covered this week
- Robb ordered a ChromeCast for his TV
- Chris got the Nokia 1020 and gives his early thoughts
Fun stories we covered this week
- We take guesses on the iPhone 4 ban enforcement
- Time Warner CBS ban and our quick thoughts
- Rod watched House of Cards but we are amazed how long it took
Picks of the Week