SMRpodcast episode #221 is online and ready for download. We've got a full cast this week as Mr. Rod Simmons is back from 7 straight weeks of being on the road.
We start this week off with a story of how Chris Ashley is somewhat antisocial, while, at the same time, willing to go out of his way to help just about anyone out at any time.
Robb is quite perturbed at the way the media is spinning Facebook Messenger permissions as a full assault on user privacy. The mobile Facebook app has needed many of the same permissions which are required for the features in Facebook Messenger for years.
Android and iOS increase their smartphone market share while Windows Phone slips to just 2.5%. Robb and Chris ponder if there is anything Microsoft can do to get more Windows Phone handsets into consumers hands.
Steve Ballmer steps down from Microsoft board, Tesla offers an 8 year, infinite mile warranty on the drive unit, and, Sprint offers $100 shared Family plans for up to 10 users with 20GB of data for $100 per month. We've got all this, our picks, and more in episode #221 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: August 19th, 2014
- Published: August 20th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 53min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
DONATE TO THE SHOW
Please consider donating to the show, head over to our Patreon Page for more details.
Big stories we covered this week
- We discuss the new market share numbers for Windows, Android, and iPhone
- Steve Ballmer steps down from the Microsoft board
- Sprint has an awesome new family plan
Other stories we covered this week
- Tesla introduces new 8 year infinite mile warranty
- We show love to a couple of marathon runners
- Is Netflix hurting consumers by paying internet providers for bandwidth
Picks of the Week