SMRpodcast Episode #195 has been recorded, posted online, and, is ready for download, and,for the first time this year we have a full crew as Rod has finally taken a hiatus from all of the travel he's been doing lately.
There was a lot big tech news over the past week, but, we start the show of with talk of how much data and energy Chris's uses compared to his neighbors. We've come to the conclusion that there is no way Chris is using over 3 Terabytes of data per month, however, when you keep your home's temperature at 73 degrees, you probably use more power than average.
Microsoft names Satya Nadella as the new CEO of Microsoft. No on really thinks that this is that big of a deal, but, Chris wonders how much hand holding Nadella will get from Bill Gates.
Hours after Chris and Robb wrapped up the show last week, Google announced that it is selling Motorola to Lenovo for $2.91 billion. It looks like Google got out of the handset business to forge a better arrangement with Samsung who will stop loading so much crapware on its Android Devices.
Facebook announces Facebook Paper, Microsoft drops the price on the Surface Pro by $400, and Rod installs not one, but, two Nest thermostats in his house. We've got all this, our picks, and more in Episode #195 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: February 04th, 2014
- Published: February 05th, 2014
- Duration: 01hr 29min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
Big stories we covered this week
- Microsoft announces their new CEO
- Google sells off Motorola and breaks even
- Did Samsung influence Google decision?
Other stories we covered this week
- Rod is back from traveling and gives us a bit of a run down
- Someone needs a new thermostat and is teased mercilessly
- We talk about the new Facebook Paper
Picks of the Week