Episode #178 of the SMRpodcast is online and ready for download. This week we've got a Chicken Wings and Beer and Applesauce episode for you as Mr. Rod Simmons is out, but, filling in for Rod this week, Allison Sheridan from the NosillaCast Podcast.
There was a lot of tech news over the last week including Microsoft's announcement that it will acquire Nokia for $7.2 billion. We all agree that this was a necessary move for Microsoft but have varying opinions on why MS needed to buy Nokia.
The number's tell us that the iPhone is far from being “your mother's phone”, however, lately perception and reality don't tell the same story.
Robb try's to explain why 79% of malware targeting Android compared to 0.7% targeting iOS is not nearly as bad for Android as it sounds.
CBS and Time Warner make up, Verizon buys itself from Vodafone for $130 billion, and, Allison tells her friend to buy a GS3.
We've got all this, our picks, and more in episode #178 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: September 3rd, 2013
- Published: September 4th, 2013
- Duration: 01hr 28min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Allison Sheridan @podfeet
Big stories we covered this week
- Microsoft purchasing Nokiaâ€™s devices business
- Verizon buys itself from Vodafone
Fun stories we covered this week
- HTC has their own executives arrested
- 79% of Mobile malware is targeting Android
- CBS Time Warner reach an agreement
Picks of the Week