The 176th episode of the SMRpodcast is online and ready for download.Â We've got a full crew for you this week in which the big news was probably the “Great Google Outage”…
Several Google services were are out for 5 minutes last Friday including Search and Gmail and there are reports that up to 40% of all internet traffic was disrupted.
In other Google news, the company once again blocks Microsoft's YouTube App.Â The reason this time is that Microsoft didn't build the app in HTML 5.Â Interestingly, Google doesn't require the iPhone YouTube app be built in HTML 5 nor is it's own app which had a major update this week.
OnStar comes to Windows Phone, the next iPhone may come in gold, and Rod's wife ran a triathlon.Â We've got all this, plus, our picks in episode #176 of the SMRpodcast.
- Recorded: August 20th, 2013
- Published: August 21st, 2013
- Duration: 01hr 37min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
Chris Ashley @bigChrisAshley
Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
Big stories we covered this week
- Major cloud services all experienced outages
- The Google Microsoft battle continues with YouTube
Fun stories we covered this week
- Is the Galaxy Mega too big
- OnStar App for Windows Phone released
- Chris being a bad spotter and wondering is he a hypocrite
Picks of the Week