Episode #147, Happy New Year, was our first show of 2013, and even though CES kicked off this week, it's a fairly light news week as far as mobile tech goes.
We kicked off the show with talk about the Jan. 30th launch of BlackBerry 10. We've got just over three weeks until BlackBerry 10 arrives, but, we still aren't 100% when and what the carriers will release as far as devices go.
Asus says that it expects it will sell more tablets in 2013 than laptops. We all agree that they probably will, however, Robb thinks this will be primarily because of low cost Android tablets, whereas Chris thinks Windows RT tablets will place a significant role.
Chris gets rid of his home phone, Google offers free WiFi in Chelsea, NY, and Dish integrates SlingBox into it's set top boxes.
We've got all this and more plus our picks in this weeks episode of the SMRpodcast…
- Recorded: January 08th, 2013
- Published: January 09th, 2013
- Duration: 01hr 26min 00sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
- We are back from our holiday vacation
- Chris and Robb get on a Borderlands 2 kick and discuss some game play
We first talk about Google continuing Windows Phone snubs
- Rod explains the technical aspect of what Microsoft wants
- Chris explains the whole situation between Google and Microsoft
- Robb weighs in on Google’s rationale
Asus says that tablets will outsell laptops this year
- Rod is wondering will that be from the Nexus 7
- Chris thinks that it will from Windows Tablets
- Robb thinks the price on the Android tablets will be the driver
Chris finally dropped his home phone line
- Rod asks what the process was to switch
- Chris walks through how to port your home Phone number to Google Voice
- Robb agrees that Google Voice is a really good service
T-Mobile announces that they may be switching the way people buy phones and get service
- Robb explains T-Mobile’s plan for the future
- Chris doesn’t think that it will fly
- Rod feels that it is a break even business for them
Picks of the Week